Key member of the Finance team focusing on Inventory related responsibilities, which will include but not limited to: working directly with Accounting, FP&A, Retail Operations, DC team in Cranbury and Atlanta, Retail IT, Transportation and Logistics, Planning, Loss Prevention Management and external vendors. Prepare Management Reporting, Monitoring the flow of transactions in the business and ensure they are accurate in our systems. Co-owner of the store’s Physical Inventory process and DC/store’s cycle count program.
FOCUS AREA #1 (Operation)
· Owns the inventory control inbox and fax for timely processing of store damages, samples, store transfers and receipt processing. Inventory field customer service to maintain strong communication with stores via phone calls and email distribution to follow up to ensure resolution of inventory issues within one business day.
· Act as main point of contact for all stores with regards to discrepancies in inventory and any adjustments required.
· Own the process of reconciling merchandise receiving for all new store openings, store moves and build-outs to adhere to deadlines.
· Owns transactions in APTOS (EPICOR/WEBIM) such as but not limited to system/upload files, running exception reporting and investigation of all store and DC transaction processing.
· Store Freight Processing – DC cartons, RTVs and store to store transfers. Emphasis on keeping the integrity of the transactions balanced between SAP, WMS, WMI, OMS and APTOS(EPICOR/WEBIM) systems.
· Perform quarterly RA request to License vendors (Estee Lauder, Fossil, and Luxottica)
· New store opening and relocation process
· Partner with IT to resolve all system interfaces are accurate.
· Partner with DC operations, Loss Prevention and Store Operations on daily inventory operations.
· Partner with Retail Operations for compliance with consignments and Transfers.
· Respond to store, loss prevention, and field management questions regarding store transfer, RTVs, DC shipments, adjustments (shorts/overs) day to day operational challenges and physical inventory concerns.
FOCUS AREA #2 (Accounting)
· Assist with budgeting Forecasting: (Damages/shrink/inventory fees)
· Assist with Month End Closing Process
· Assist with audits
· Process virtual location clearing at month end
· Owns Factory In-transit inventory reconciliation and booking to GL.
· Owns the ZPTO and in-transits to ensure proper GR in SAP
· Special projects to include SAP 4 – retail applications.
FOCUS AREA #3 (Analysis)
· Reporting – daily/weekly/monthly/PI (Assist in the preparations of store physical inventory results)
· Analytics: Shrink root cause analysis/Monthly/PI/ad hoc/Management Reporting
· Weekly processing of inventory transactions.
· Provide Shrink Analysis on an on-going basis.
· Coordinates follow up on open items with the field and loss prevention management teams.
· Assists with external auditor document review.
· Process physical inventory adjustments where indicated.
· Assist to develop company level trends (Physical Inventory results) and key performance indicators for maximum inventory performance (Retail).
FOCUS AREA #4 (Physical Inventory)
· Assist with the Physical Inventory Coordination: (Set up US and Global stores physical inventories with outside service, retail operations, planning, IT, and Finance department.)
· Assist developing shrink reporting and performance schedules with Store Operations and Loss Prevention.
· Code all WIS invoices for AP payment.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES NOT COVERED IN FOCUS AREAS
· Desktop procedures updates (ongoing updating and maintenance of all procedure manuals)
· Includes record retention, all individual filing, and Ad hoc projects.
· Additional items and/or Special projects as assigned.
· 2 - 4 years experience in a retail, manufacturing, or consumer products environment.
· For this position, ideal candidate should possess excellent communications skills and be able to demonstrate problem-solving and follow through capabilities.
· Proficient in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Detail-oriented in a high volume environment.
· Highly motivated self starter with the ability to work with sense of urgency, accuracy, teamwork and cooperation
· Experienced with Inventory systems a plus (SAP, BPC, Manhattan WMS/WMI, APTOS(EPICOR) systems)
· Bachelor’s degree required