- Partner with others regarding decisions on assortments, business, etc. to gain support and consensus.
- Communicate effectively with the cross-functional team. Continually update team on state of the business.
- Communicate effectively and own relationship with outside licensed partners with consistent follow up and follow through to ensure deliverables are met.
- Look to improve our work process; identify inefficiencies and make recommendations to streamline workload.
- Address challenges with professionalism and always assume positive intent.
- Establish self as a business leader; take an active approach in soliciting cross-functional feedback to improve and develop.
- Manage department’s interns as needed.
- Develop a merchandise line plan by season. Determine volume drivers and essential programs, style and sku count, retail pricing, and product recommendations. Include any necessary ecommerce exclusive development. Coordinate with Retail and International to build the assortment. Present overall strategy to Head of Buying and then to Merchandising and Production teams.
- Attend line presentations and edit meetings. Review assortment against merchandise plan; submit comments based on customer needs.
- Work closely with more junior team members to communicate changes to strategy and assortment to Planning, Allocation, Visual, Creative, Site Merchandising, and Marketing. Tailor each discussion to address each groups focus on the assortment.
- Edit the assortment by reviewing customer and market needs and discussing store distribution recommendations. Contribute your own ideas in decisions to add, eliminate, change or revise the product and/or assortments as presented by Design and Merchandising.
Present quarterly buy strategies to creative partners to ensure use of big investments throughout the quarter. Continue to work closely with marketing, styling, and email managers to ensure best use of product.
- Develop seasonal retail pricing strategies/recommendations based on performance and competitive analysis.
- Own cross-functional meetings for area of responsibility. Keep partners informed of business performance and trends.
- Develop a close working relationship with Retail Buying, Production, & Site Merchandising; keep them informed on style performance and push to drive the business by chasing/cancelling product as needed.
- Manage team to ensure buy plans are up to date and distributed as needed.
- Participate and present in bestseller meetings and quarterly line review meetings.
- Partner with Assistant Buyer to manage orders, photography, & samples for department. Maintain clear communication among necessary teams.
Work with Ecommerce Site Merchandisers to ensure consistency of presentation of line, trend stories and maximize key investments.
Recap and evaluate weekly, monthly, & seasonal performance by style class, and department. Present action plan to Head of Buying and lead team to execute.
- Continue to refine understanding of the Tory Burch customer – visit stores, read product comments on site, & understand the competition. Assess sku count, visual presentation on site, marketing initiatives, gain feedback back from customer care team. Apply learnings to future buys.
- Provide input on budgets: sales, gross margin, receipt flow.
- Analyze and review business performance. Recap business weekly, hindsight business monthly & quarterly. Identify product opportunities for future seasons.
- Oversee and guide receipt reconciliation process.
- Work closely with planning partners to manage in-season business, markdown strategy, and pricing initiatives. Voice recommendations to cross-functional team to maximize the business based on sales trend and receipt on-order.
Work closely with head of Buying and planning to manage OTB planning and reforecast.
Oversee the markdown process. Provide recommendations for department weekly, based on sales trend versus sales plan of the style. Confirm execution on site.