- Model behavior that reflects the company values.
- Partners with others regarding decisions on assortments, business, etc, to gain support and consensus.
- Address challenges on a professional level.
Product & Assortment Planning
- Participate in the building of assortments, provide prepared ideas on editing process.
- Gain a strong understanding of the Tory Burch customer: visit store monthly, review new deliveries, and communicate learnings back to team.
- Competitive knowledge: competitive shop, read relevant publications to keep on top of trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, MicroStrategy, IPT and EPICOR.
- Maintain the buy plans to ensure accuracy, act as the point person for the rest of the team.
- Execute and initiate on in season strategies as determined by buying team.
- Markdown management.
- Project receipts and maintain purchase order log.
- Participate in line plan development.
- Respond to store requests and inquiries.
- Participate in wardrobing and visual process for stores.
- Review historical performance at the category and key item level.
- Partner with planning and DMM on the determination of receipt plans, margin and IMU goals, and flow strategies to drive assortment execution.
- Review with planning the analysis of business by style, delivery and category to understand prior performance and develop future goals.
- Set up visual displays in showroom for pre-meets and investment review.
- Sample maintenance during market to ensure availability for meetings.
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Build cross-functional team relationships; adopt a collaborative style.
- Recommend, support, and implement process and procedural improvements into daily responsibilities.
- Partner with Planning and Allocation on the following processes: assortment planning, OTB, in season strategies and allocations to maximize inventory performance
- Work cross functionally with Stores, Marketing, PR, Web, Visual and Operations, to ensure they have the tools to understand and support the assortment strategy.
- Partner with merchandising team to insure balanced assortment and share product feedback.
Strategic Thinking and Financial Acumen
- Prepare Monday reports and pull data necessary for buyer to analyze data.
- Manage purchase order process. Maintain accurate ship/cancel dates and on order spreadsheets. Partner with team to discuss any issues.
- Report out on fast and slow sellers to inform the team.
- Understanding of retail math, participate in open to buy forecasting process.