- Model behavior that reflects the company values
- Partners with others regarding decisions on assortments, business, etc, to gain support and consensus
- Address challenges on a professional level
- Approaches work with a positive & go-getter attitude
Product & Assortment Planning
- Build Made-For-Outlet Handbag and Small Leather Goods assortments; provide prepared ideas on editing process based off hindsights
- Maintain the buy plans & line sheets to ensure accuracy, act as the point person for the rest of the team
- Partner with planning on the determination of receipt plans, margin and IMU goals, and flow strategies to drive assortment execution
- Review with planning the analysis of business by style, delivery and category to understand prior performance and develop future goals
- Run weekly sales reports and analyze product performance highlighting key takeaways and learnings
- Gain a strong understanding of the Tory Burch customer: visit stores monthly, review new deliveries, and communicate learnings back to team.
- Maintain working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, SAP, Microstrategy ,EPICOR, IPT & PDM
- Drive, execute and initiate on in season strategies (markdowns, promotions, etc)
- Markdown management via pricing decision & systemic execution
- Project receipts and maintain purchase order log, communicating out delivery dates and on-order tracking
- Participate in hindsighting and line plan development.
- Respond to store requests and inquiries.
- Participate in visual process for stores.
- Review historical performance at the category and key item level.
- Competitive knowledge: competitive shop, read relevant publications to keep on top of trends.
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Build cross-functional team relationships (Planning, Merchandising, Production, Visual, Stores); adopt a collaborative style.
- Partner with Planning and Allocation on the following processes: assortment planning, OTB, in season strategies and allocations to maximize inventory performance
- Work cross functionally with Stores, Marketing, Web, Visual and Operations, to ensure they have the tools to understand and support the assortment strategy.
Strategic Thinking and Financial Acumen
- Proficient in retail math
- Participate in open to buy forecasting process with receipt log and business shifts
- Manage purchase order process. Maintain accurate ship/cancel dates and on order spreadsheets. Partner with team to discuss any issues.
- Analyze the business weekly, recapping divisions’ business to cross-functional team and reporting out on key trends
- Knowledge of the competition and retail market