Financial Planning and Forecasting
Along with the Wholesale Planning Manager, develop monthly sales, gross margin, and inventory plans by division (Accessories, RTW/Swim, Footwear, Tory Sport) to support company sales and inventory objectives for both Full Price and Off Price channels.
- Reforecast sales, margin, receipts, & inventory on a monthly basis and identify risks and opportunities relative to Plan.
- Collaborate with the Wholesale Sales team and other cross-functional partners daily to capitalize on new opportunities and identify risks to the Plan by utilizing both historical data and current sales trends.
- Communicate the state of the business in weekly meetings and monthly OTB meetings. Recommend strategic actions to maximize sales and margin, optimize inventory, and mitigate risk. Collaborate with critical partners to ensure execution of strategies.
- Manage and control inventory stock levels. Identify clogs in inventory and opportunities given available stock. Work with off price channels on liquidation as needed.
- Review open order reporting and ensure that on-order and committed receipts are delivering on time to support forecasts.
Assortment Planning/Market Planning
- Forecast need for key item planners across Footwear, Handbags, and Small Leather Goods based on sales. Ensure the channel is never out of stock on these key items.
- Work with the sales team pre-market to understand account OTBs and tie back to Plan. Analyze market bookings post-market along with Manager and Sales team (w/ focus on replenishment vs fashion investment, AUR, ATS investment, sales impact on monthly forecast).
Business Management / Reporting and Analysis
- Partner with Business Intelligence to maintain and improve reporting capabilities. Function as systems expert to support improvements, test and train as needed.
- Report on weekly POS Sales to management; add texture on key events that may have impacted weekly sales.
- Maintain by door POS Sales files and historical sales files; maintain historical shipment records.
- Work with sales team on in-season reorders and replenishment to suggest reorders when needed based on sales trend.
- Complete specific ad hoc analysis to support the buy process or impact sales.
- i.e. Size level analysis, market analysis, account analysis, replenishment assessment across a category.
- Collaborate with Manager and Sales team on management presentations (both internal and external).